room re-plaster preparation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I decided to strip back all the wood chip wallpaper in the master bedroom and was prepared to skim over the walls, but they are not in very good condition so I have come to the conclusion that it needs re-plastering. 2 of the walls are brick and 2 are stud with lath-and-plaster work on them. If I get a plasterer in, will they want to just skim over the top of everything? Will they want just the plaster hacking off and then re-plaster over the lath work? Or will they want all of the lath work off completely and it re-boarding with plasterboard?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A decent plasterer will normally skim/plaster over any wall/walls etc, if he thinks there wont be a problem in doing so. The only way you will find out if the walls are suitable in your house/room, or if any plaster needs to be hacked off etc, is to get a plasterer in and get advice from him. What looks bad to you, might not look as bad to him, plus, most plasterers like to do their own prep/hacking off etc.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back