Room stat changed to 2 wire but not working :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys (& girls)!

I wonder if you can help pls?

I've changed my old sunvic TLX2259 room stat (4 wire) for a shiny new Siemans RDJ10 2 wire and connected as other forum posts have identified (T3 red to LX, T1 yellow to L2) & blanked off the blue neutral & earth (stat end).

...Although the call for heating doesn't turn the boiler on!

Everything works ok with the old TLX2259, hence I wonder if I need to join the neutral out (to the stat) on the programmer with another neutral on the programmer (say the motorised valve)?

Or something else??

Here's some pics;
1. Programmer
http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/user/JulezJulez/media/photo1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
2. Programmer 4 wire connection to stat
http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/user/JulezJulez/media/photo2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

[Original set up is Elan2 boiler, SUNVIC programmer, motorised SD1752 valve & tlx2259 stat]

Sponsored Links
Cheers, the connections on the stat are ok, & the stat closes the circuit for when heating is required, although for some reason the programmer isn't telling the boiler to come on.

I wonder if it's because I have yellow, red, blue & earth wires to the programmer? ...& now only have 2 with a connection?
:confused:

The important information is what numbers were the colours connected too in the old stat

Sponsored Links
One would think the management would get the forum problem sorted by now. would save waiting for ever to answer the thread and end up with several duplicate posts for you troubles.

Hi guys, thanks for your very quick replies, I'll give it a go!

I presume the other post was due to different wiring config?

Different stat and an error in the information given.

there was this guide with the rdj10;

LX=common
L1=live feed to item to be controlled
L2=changover contact

Sorry I thought the other poster was correct hence ignored the paperwork!

WAHOO!

All now working, MANY thanks guys :D

Feel free to send me a direct message with your address/paypal & I'll send you both a tenner for a drink on me! (5 drinks for a tenner if you go to weatherspoons) :LOL:

Don't work like that in this camp, if you want to donate something to a charity fine we are happy you got it working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back