Room stat not connected...where is the stat wire?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all...newbie here.
I have recently moved into a new house that I have found out has had the room thermostat disconnected. This is confirmed by the most recent gas service which states "Room Stat not connect".

I have removed the stat cover and discovered that the cables are all connected that end. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the other end of the cable is in the house though! It's not in the airing cupboard where the boiler is connected - the only cable there is the mains connector.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
You should find that there is a junction box in the airing cupboard where all the wires should lead to.
Is your boiler fitted in the airing cupboard?
If so ignore first reply.

is the boiler new ? somebody has more than likely cut them off when they changed the boiler. and didnt bother to put a new one in

No junction box in there. The boiler doesn't look like the one that was with the house when it was new (ie. Fifteen years ago).

Without ripping off the plasterboard how can I find out were there's cables could be?

Sponsored Links
How many wires behind the missing stat and which ones are linked together?

Is there a time switch?

Do you have a multimeter (and know how to use it)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back