Room stat & timeswitch wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Been asked to wire a Drayton Lifestyle LP711 timeswitch & a Drayton Combi-Stat RTS8 to an Ideal Logic combi.

Can somebody talk me through it as i usually fit wireless and its been a while since I last did one :(

Cheers

Sponsored Links
lifestyle lp711, you need connect live and neutral, then you link L and 1, 3 (which is the switched live) is connected to L in the drayton stat, 3 from the stat is connected to the boiler, although the stat can work without a neutral it would be good practise to fit one,

you need the boiler instructions to connect the switched live to the boiler, all the switching is 240v.

Just follow the instructions they come with, they're very straight forward. You won't find it any more difficult that fitting a wireless reciever.

Cheers guys

It's just been a while since I wired any. I fit boilers almost every day but the electricians do the wiring.

Sponsored Links
lifestyle lp711, you need connect live and neutral, then you link L and 1, 3 (which is the switched live) is connected to L in the drayton stat, 3 from the stat is connected to the boiler, although the stat can work without a neutral it would be good practise to fit one,

you need the boiler instructions to connect the switched live to the boiler, all the switching is 240v.

Right guys got a problem. Wired as above with number 2 from timer to boiler but the heating comes on when the timer is in the off position and the stat doesnt work. The heating stays on weather the stat is set high or off.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Maybe my memory has totally gone :(

Does a wire not go from the timer to the boiler only from stat to boiler?

you need a permanent live, neutral and earth on this boiler, the signal to run for heating originates at the timer runs through the stat and connects to the boiler switched live, take the wire out of 2, you dont need it.

I thought i needed to create a loop 1 wire from timer to stat - stat to boiler - boiler to timer.

There is 2 connections in the boiler for the stat, 1 is live the other isnt. Which 1 does the stat go in?

As you can see I have just discovered paint ;)

this shows how the connections run

the switched live connection goes on to the boiler connection that isint live, make sure the link is removed.

View media item 25480

I never said my name was pablo, here is my next masterpiece

View media item 25485
I am going to call it HOW MUCH !!!
As you can see I have just discovered paint ;)

this shows how the connections run

the switched live connection goes on to the boiler connection that isint live, make sure the link is removed.

View media item 25480
Hi Picasso,,
I know this is an old post, but this combination of LOGIC PLUS 24 ,RTS8, and LP711 is causing a few problems since installation. I have read this post with interest but cannot see the diagram you drew using paint ! I wonder would you be kind enough to re send it for me. The system heats up on initial demand, reaches temperature then stops and won't re start even when the rooms have gone cold. I suspect its a wiring issue as i have been researching and think I've negated most other possible issues. It's as if the timer or stat won't send/sense the demand after its only done it once. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks , Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back