Connecting room thermostat to Glow-worm 30c1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have Drayton Lifestyle LP711 - 7 day Timeswitch and Drayton RTS9 room thermostat. I need to connect this to Glow-worm 30c1 combi boiler.

RTS9 has volt free switch so it should be suitable for combi boilers.

What confuses me is that diagram on Glow-worm shows one wire connected to controls PCB then connected to stat, with other wire from stat's other connector to "external" junction box ?

Second problem is how to wire in LP711 as there is already built in internal 24h clock?

3. If, as it appears wires are 240V what type of cable is allowed to be run and does this need to be in conduits?

Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
I have Drayton Lifestyle LP711 - 7 day Timeswitch and Drayton RTS9 room thermostat. I need to connect this to Glow-worm 30c1 combi boiler.

What confuses me is that diagram on Glow-worm shows one wire connected to controls PCB then connected to stat, with other wire from stat's other connector to "external" junction box ?

Second problem is how to wire in LP711 as there is already built in internal 24h clock?

3. If, as it appears wires are 240V what type of cable is allowed to be run and does this need to be in conduits?

Nice having the gear innit . :D best to check it suits your boiler first though, as in compatible . I have a set of low profile mini wheels, don`t fit me Transit van....shame...sorry I bought èm.

Nice having the gear innit . :D best to check it suits your boiler first though, as in compatible . I have a set of low profile mini wheels, don`t fit me Transit van....shame...sorry I bought èm.

Agree, but as I got these for free ( kit is new , boxed ) it's worth using these , saves on wastage. :D provided they are suited

Agree, but as I got these for free ( kit is new , boxed ) it's worth using these , saves on wastage. :D provided they are suited

There lies the key Brother... ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back