Room Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Im new to all this but just need to clarify something..

I have a Satchwell TLX 2356 room thermostat which has sadly died - it doesnt allways turn the stat on when it should.

Anyway I have bought a new stat a Sunvic TLX 7501 Digital stat which I belive will do the same job.

Question I have is that unlike the old unit there is no earth connection on this unit. The new stat has the double insulated marking so do I just leave the earth unconnected and tape it up?

If it makes any difference this is to control a fully pumped 'S' type system.

Many Thanks, Chris.

Sponsored Links
Yes you are correct. If there is no terminal to attach the earth to (working or not) then just make safe as you say.

No problems for your 'S' plan.

Thanks Dave, So if I just tape up or terminate in a block I can then put this back in the wall behind the stat and all will be fine?

If there is a box in the wall behind the stat with an earth terminal screw in, then connect it to that. If not, put the earth cable into one segment of chocolate block, tape it up and tuck it out of the way. You are using a double insulated component that does not require an earth. No probs!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back