Room thermostat - upgrade to Danfoss Ret-B advisable ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old combi boiler in small house controlled by old mechanical 2-wire room thermostat. No TRVs. Thinking of upgrading to new stat so see display of temps and possible narrower hysteresis. The above battery-powered Danfoss claims to be compatible with old stats and has display of ambient/set point temps. It also has an optional feature which as I understand it cycles the system on and off at intervals when the temp is between the hysteresis limits and the stat is not calling for heat. There is some claim that this results in a more constant room temp, and saves energy as water in system is maintained at more constant temperature. The Ret-b is quite cheap as these things go and I have not come across another make which has the cycling feature.
Would be very grateful for any advice eg
1. Is it as compatible as claimed ?
2. There are some old posts suggesting this device is not reliable. What is people's experience ?
3. Is the cycling function a good idea ? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back