room thermostat wiring help urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Can anyone please help. I've just bought a Drayton Digistat 1 room thermostat to replace our old mechanical one. But i've got lost in the wiring (not unusual!). The 4 wires coming out of the wall are Red, Yellow, Blue and Earth.

The digistat requires
1 common
2 heating satisfied
3 call for heat.

To add to the problem my miss's is going nuts because her mother's coming tomorrow for the bank holiday weekend and i've 'ruined' the heating!! Maybe i shouldn't have started this at 9.30 on a fri night....

any ideas much appreciated

Zeb.

Sponsored Links
Its probably...

Red 1
Yellow 3
Blue 2
Earth on earth tag or make safe.

If it will stop M I L visiting leave it not working. I would and go down the pub :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the pub sounds great unfortunately we're ment to be preparing the house for mother in law, what ever that means!!! will try and wire the stat as you said rob.

cheers.

in the drayton instructions it says " if the previous room thermostat used a neutral and/or earth supply, these should not be connected to the digistat"

which is what you said rob with regards to the earth but what about the neutral?

Almost sounds as if you didn't make a note of which wires came out of where tut tut.

Would the existing blue wire not be a neutral - need to re-wire the junction box otherwise you will have a "bang" when you fire it up and a useless Digistat.

<edit: sorry, missed Zebsport's post>

Need to find where the other end is wired in, without that it's a guess

What boiler do you have?

hey guys why not use a meter to test for voltage with all the tails split wide apart
only one wire will be live.. :rolleyes: probably red
if neutral is used probably blue
yellow probably return
gnyl earth

or if the old valve was full changeover
red live
blue nc
yell no
gnyl earth

then again how about looking in the junction box wiring to see where those wires go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back