room thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I am in the process of renewing my central heating and want to install room thermostats in 4 rooms. ( old draughty house makes the TRV's useless)
So in my hot water cupboard I have the junction box for the heating and water, the wiring to the motorised valve for the C/H appears okay so if I was to run these connections to each room with an independent motorised valve and thereafter to a room thermostat and thus do away with the main C/H motorised valve altogether ? does this sound right?
Just to be clear the junction box has a live, neutral, earth, pump live, boiler live, the rest are HW only.
I have 5 core cable to run the wiring, danfoss room thermostats and siemens motorised valves.
The only problem I have is the Rayburn ( 460k ) appears to not be wired up as per its own literature and the minute I switch the fused spur on the wall, the Rayburn is live all I have to do is turn the dial on the front and the heating comes on irrespective of the fact all other controls are all off
I have tried to get a sparky but am struggling so any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Not sure how you intend to do it but it wont be as easy as you think.

you would be better off spending your money on insulation and draught proofing, why would you want to zone 4 rooms,? (I am assuming they are all next to each other), if you want to upgrade get your boiler wired correctly so that it works on room/cylinder stats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back