room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone have any opinions as to which is the best room thermostat to use with the worcester bosch 35cdi please.

Sponsored Links
I asked this last night about your system. Seems to me it`s a self install from the description you`ve given.

Sounds to me like he was rubbish! No inhibitor and no room stat. There`s a wireless 7 day programmer and room stat for these, plugs in the boiler. Worcester MT20.

Sponsored Links
Thank you i do have a programer put in the boiler will i need to change this to use the room thermostat you mention, yes he was rubbish but its too late now i have paid him i am just trying to sort the system out, have tried to get other plumbers to look at but they are all too busy and i need it done fairly quickly which is why i am trying to get your guys expert opinions many thanks

Yes you`ll need to take out the existing timer. They`re a staight plug in affair. Not cheap, about 120 to 150 quid, but saves on wiring etc, and you can do it yourself. And yes, the room with the new room stat in should have the trv removed.

Thanks will i also need to flush the system before adding the inhibitor he left for me to put in or can i just drain it and put in the inhibitor, sorry to ask what is probably obvious but i am no plumber thank you.

Buy some sentinel X300, put it in the system, read the bottle, follow the instructions, flush thoroughly, then add the inhibitor, preferably a good brand name such as sentinel X100. How on earth did your plumber fill in the benchmark if he didn`t even put the inhibitor in?

Thanks will do as you suggest the plumber took the benchmark to fill in and never returned it cant say i am happy about it but seems little i can do now, have tried to find a local plumber using this sites find an expert but none are listed in my area, so i have to try and sort it out myself many thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back