Rotten Shower Floor Boards Under Leaking Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had ongoing problems with leaks from the shower in my bathroom. Mostly, over the years, these have been from leaks caused by various badly applied sections of tiling/grout/sealant. I've had various plumbers / tilers to try to sort the leaks out permanently - they seem to stop them for a short while - only for a new leak to crop up months or years later.

The last couple of times I've done the work myself - and the job has been as good as the professionals and lasted as long or longer.

I have another leak currently - and to try to find the source, I've come through the other side of the stud bathroom wall - only to find that 4 floor board ends under the shower are completely rotten - and the joist that they are resting on is heading the same way.

What do I need to do? I suspect the shower tray needs to come out to allow replacement of the rotten boards and (at least) the section of affected joist (if not the whole joist.

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
If the is rotten timber there will be movement, where there is movement there will be leaks, replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back