Recommended floor replacement to sit under bath

11 Apr 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I've just taken out a leaking shower tray and plan to replace this with a shower bath. Prior to the shower tray being fitted a joiner installed some green coloured chip board onto floor joists...the previous tray before this one had also leaked so the original floor boards had to be replaced, it was this green coloured chip board that he used.

I now plan to install a shower bath in place of the shower tray, this chipboard seems to move a little under weight. My plan is to replace this board with something very strong and probably waterproof, anyone have any suggestions what to use ?...last thing I want under a new shower bath is movement from the floor.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Exterior plywood (WPB) ;)

Waterproof glue are used in exterior plywood

Put in extra noggins between floor joists where the plywood butt joint
Great thanks....I always got the impression that plywood was pretty thin but I see Wickes do this upto 18mm thick. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links