Rough price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been slowly doing up my house, skimming the walls as I go along. Skimmed bathroom, kitchen and dinning room so far. Pleased with the finish I have got. Now I have come onto my front room, The room is 4.7m by 3.2m by 2.35m high.

The walls are brand new square edge plasterboard, all joints taped and skim bead fitted. A large window on one of the 3.2m walls and a door on 1 of the 4.7m walls. I am debating skimming the room myself but as i have never tried walls this large I am slightly worried. So I am wondering if you were to quote for the job roughly how much would it be. Ceiling not needing done.

If you guys come back with rough prices which are in my price range, i will get a few people in for quotes.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have been slowly doing up my house, skimming the walls as I go along. Skimmed bathroom, kitchen and dinning room so far. Pleased with the finish I have got. Now I have come onto my front room, The room is 4.7m by 3.2m by 2.35m high.

The walls are brand new square edge plasterboard, all joints taped and skim bead fitted. A large window on one of the 3.2m walls and a door on 1 of the 4.7m walls. I am debating skimming the room myself but as i have never tried walls this large I am slightly worried. So I am wondering if you were to quote for the job roughly how much would it be. Ceiling not needing done.

If you guys come back with rough prices which are in my price range, i will get a few people in for quotes.

Hope you can help

Cheers

Hi,
I am new to this forum business so apologies if it's all a bit wrong.

I am a builder and have been skimming on my jobs for about a year.

I would say have a go yourself. I find that its more about how many edges you have rather than sq mtrs and you don't seem to have much of either. The worst that can happen is you'll have to do it again and as materials are cheap you may as well try!

Good luck!

Excluding the ceiling, it’s going to be a day. Daily rates vary, £200+ is long gone so £160 - £200, depending on locality, how much work is around & how good the spread is. You need to be careful with your choice as it’s conceivable they could have even less experience than you! It happens & is always the biggest danger with cheap quotes. Frankly I have no idea what the situation is in Moray but I would get a recommendation & see some work before employing someone; if they are any good, they won’t mind at all.

If you’ve already been “having a go”, you should be aware of your limitations; no way of knowing without seeing your work but if you’ve developed the basic skills then have a go. If you haven’t already done so, have a good read through the archive posts; lots of detail & tips in there if you intending making that next psychological step up. If you understand the materials your using & have good technique, confidence/speed barrier is the next hurdle you need to break & then benefit from the experience your gaining.

If you check on this site you will find one of the lads (rough-caster) is from Moray , why dont you pm him and ask him to come around and price it for you and he will probably do the job for you.

PS Hope you dont mind me putting your name forward rc.. ;)

Sponsored Links
If you check on this site you will find one of the lads (rough-caster) is from Moray , why dont you pm him and ask him to come around and price it for you and he will probably do the job for you.
I knew I’d seen one on here; for some reason I thought it was you Roy but didn’t check RC's profile. :rolleyes:

PS Hope you dont mind me putting your name forward rc..
;)

Didn't mind you doing that at all Roy,
If Russellwood wants me to give him a quote for his job , then PM me Russell, and i'll come round to your house no problem. I live in Lossiemouth.

aslo sorry to but in guys to cut down the price if you are comfortable spreading now why dnt you do the two end walls (the shorter ones) then its just the two long ones to be done and could be done in half a day im guessing as i havent seen the job that it could be done in half a day as it would then be half the wall surfaces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back