Rough quote for remove and replace concrete posts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps need a rough price for a replacement of a fence, Got 7 full 6' tall panels and 1 1/2 width panel and 7 Concrete slotted posts,

The other week one of them just fell to bits in the storm, I replaced that one but tad peed off as I paid £17 at wicks as I needed it in a rush only to find this week its down to £15 and Ive seen them as little as £11 on the internet.

Tbh I dont have the time nor can I truly be bothered to pull out the old posts and put in new. So looking for a rough price to pull and replace the posts, The panels I could do my self and seem to be in ok condition so Any help much appreciated cheers

Sponsored Links
I am not sure i understand you, are you saying you want to replace the concrete posts and if so why do you want to as slotted concrete posts should outlast you and all you need do is replace the panels if they rot.

Anyway, firstly it sounds like you are getting what are called "pinelap" panels.

Now these are the cheapest type of panels you can buy and to be fair they vary in quality from being at best ok to at worst a waste of money.

You are far better off getting feather edge panels of a reasonable quality that go for around 20-25 pounds each, yes thats more but they are WAAAY better and far longer lasting.

6 inch concrete gravel boards for slotted posts are around 5-7 pounds each and will prevent the bottom of the panels from rotting.

Slotted posts are around 10-12 pounds.

Getting it done by a pro with him supplying all the materials and him removing of all rubbish do not expect much change out of a grand.

If you already have slotted posts in place why replace them btw?.

The reason I want to replace the posts is one has just fell to pieces and the re-bar was so rusted i could snap it in my hand, Now two other posts are in a similar condition and the others are not far behind.

The panels are ok and only need a tidy up like the top piece and the edges replaced / re-nailed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back