routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi out there can anyone help.
I have just had donated to me a dremel routing attachment. Can anyone advise which routing bits give what shapes as I do not want to purchase loads of them just to find out. I want to get them as I need them.
Cheers pete
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo peteg and welcome :LOL: :eek:

not realy shure the router attachments for a dremel will be much good for other than superficial light use [engraving wood for example]

the "normal "understanding of routing is several weeks hamster bedding in a few minuits

where as a dremil will take perhaps a day or two :D ;)

big-all said:
the "normal "understanding of routing is several weeks hamser bedding in a few minuits

where as a dremil will take perhaps a day or two :D ;)

:D :D :D Like that a lot.

didnt understand a word of that.
The dremel is a small hand held mini drill mainly used in model making.
p
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Suggest you try various cutters on a scrap piece of wood, then you can see what they do. Another way is to hold the various cutters up to the edge of your piece of wood and you can see what they will take off.

I think that with his reference to hamster bedding big_all was pointing out that a dremel is only very small and light-duty compared to a router and you will only be able to do fine work with it.

sorry if i didnt answer your problem properly peteg :LOL: :LOL:

didnt mean to be tooo flipant :D

i looked at the dremel and its 140w the average small router is around 4 times the wattage so four times the power ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back