Rover 45 Y reg - broken rear wiper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to fix the rear wiper please? I can hear the electrics working but the wiper arm was 'pulled', shall we say, by some lovely 'youths' (ahem...) and hangs at a funny angle now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it just the wiper blade and not the arm coming from the motor that they damaged? The wiper blade disconnects from the wiper arm by pressing in on the plastic clip where the wiper blade attaché's to the wiper arm. Dont worry if you break the clip the new wiper blade will have a new one.
Or take it to your local motor factor they will probably change the blade for you

If you have to take off the wiper arm:
There is a small cover that when lifted up will allow you to loosen a nut with a 10mm spanner. This nut holds the wiper arm onto the shaft coming out of the bodywork. When loose (do not take the nut off) lift the wiper arm and gently pull to disconnect it from the shaft. Now take the nut and arm off completely.

Thanks for your reply - actually it's the entire arm that's damaged. It's been pulled 'backwards' I think and I'm not sure if it's repairable. I've looked for the repair manual for this car but it only seems to be downloadable for a fee.

I'll try what you said tomorrow in daylight. Will let you know. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back