Rover warranties

Eddie M said:
You know, the sad thing is, even at 50% discounts, I'm still not interested in buying a rover. :eek:

It's a matter of personal taste I guess, there are plenty of cars that I wouldn't buy even at 50% off with a full warranty! :LOL:

According to the BBC link, the warranty situation is not clear cut as some dealers back their warranties, and some are backed by MGR. I find that surprising, after all if you buy a car you can have warranty work done at ANY main dealer. What happens if you bought a Ford at Lands End Ford, and then moved to John O'Groats? :LOL: I guess the dealers take a gamble against the reliability of the cars. If they back the warranty and the cars turn out to be bulletproof then they win.

Sponsored Links
Don't think the rover group offered good quality servicing for it to be worth much!
I mean their standard engine has been known to have a design fault for some time. Engines suffer corrosion and overheat. This happened to my mothers 214 after she had it in for a new radiator, on their advice. The clotts couldn't be bothered to change the thermostat and so it blew the motor and wrote off the car!
Good news is that they are supposed to have fixed it with improved, and very expensive, gaskets.[/i]

Sponsored Links
Back