RSJ and lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm probably not going to be able to get a difinitive answer for this but here goes. I'm looking at knocking down a wall between the kitchen and dining room. It is a structural wall so I'm guessing an rsj is what would be needed. To support the floor above The problem is that a lintel runs at a right angle from an external wall and ties into the wall which I want to remove. Also looking at it the lintel it is probably lower than what the RSJ would be. I have very little building experience but has this problem been encountered before and what possible solutions are there? Just to clarify there is an external and internal wall that run parallel a lintel sits across the two in the middle The internal wall I would like to remove any ideas what could be done regarding the lintel

Sponsored Links
intels- walls- walls- lintels - its a bit confusing. A pic or sketch would help..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back