Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just installed a RT300RF.

On the receiver the I have
N : connected to Neutral (blue)
COM : linked to L
NO : connected to Switched Live (yellow) that then connects to the white motorized valve in the connection box.
The old stat had a switched live (Brown from programmer). This is obviously not good for the RT300RF live.

The issues I have is that when I connect the permanent live to the receiver it overrides the programmer as when the stat switches closed it triggers the motorized value and pump etc.

I can figure out what's going on but can't figure out how to resolve it.
The programmer is a Siemens RWB9

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Just to close this out, just I hit send the solution came to me.
Remove the link between COM and L.
Connect the Brown from the Programmer to the COM on the receiver.

Then looking at this simplistically you have two switches in series so both the stat and programmer need to be closed for the motor to be live. Then I just ran a Live and neutral from the spur to the Receiver.
I didn't find this method documented anywhere apart from one other forum after a bit more digging.

All done and seems to work well.
Thanks to anyone who read the post
Cheers

Last edited:
Did you not follow the wiring instructions for the receiver?..it clearly states a perm live and neutral are required @ receiver L/N terminal without the use of a link between L and C.
Perm live to common will obviously override call for heating via RWB9 when salus stat calls for heat.
Has 240 volt to receiver been fed from heating controls spur?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Steelmason, thanks for the reply. Yes I have it all sorted as per my last post I have Live and neutral from the spur for the permanent 240v and the COM connected to the CH on from the RWB8. Apologies if that wasn't clear in my last post. It took me a while to put the last few pieces of knowledge together it has now has become obvious, we're all learning everyday. Thanks . . . . .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back