Rubber seal and correct way to remove beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i changed a seal unit of glass which was misted up
The UPVc window is 11 years old with external beading, is there a correct way beading should be removed . Rubber seals which slide into a groove on external beading are not giving a tight fit onto glass , does anybody know how i can correct this problem or would new seals anwser my problems and were can i buy these at , any help would be appericated

Sponsored Links
vivaro013 said:
Rubber seals which slide into a groove on external beading are not giving a tight fit onto glass

Thats because the new D/G unit is too thin. Didn't you check the thickness of the old unit before you ordered a new one?

i did check seal unit thickness , the gap is no more than 0.5 mm only in certain areas , can the rubber seals perishised on be worn , can there be replaced and were can i buy then out

Sponsored Links
What Glassman is saying, is the glass double glazed unit the same thickness as before? They may have use the wrong glass thickness as in 3mm or 4mm etc Failing that you will need a thicker rubber seal available from double glazing shop.

I may have mis-read your post, the old sealant may have worn, take the sealant down to the shop for comparsion size. I have got some in black if you can take a photo of the end section to show me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back