Rubbish Torbeck valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another Torbeck problem. Plumber replaced a like for like Torbeck valve which I had bought as I knew the shank length would be the same length as very short pipework so knew it should fit. Worked for a few days despite it dripping from the blue screw on cover to the diaphragm housing, then it would not shut off without some jiggling about with the float arm. Took it to bits, watched all the YouTube videos, put it all back, would not shut off at all. Nipped round to Screwfix for another, left the main inlet pipe in place and put the new one in after putting the high pressure bit in, mains fed supply. Still drips badly from blue screw bit but does shut off but with a loud squeak noise now which it didn't do before when it worked. I know these fill valves are not popular in some circles but anyone any ideas as to what could have caused the first one to not shut off?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back