Rubi tile cutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone pls advise on the Rubi cutters, I fit family size bathrooms and basically bought a £30 cutter from a merchant.....OK I know this one of my best purchases!!! So the time has come to buy the right tool, I've been told Rubi are the best, but I don't want to waste my money I need a tool that will last. Would love you input.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I threw my rubi in the bin after 3 months what a pile of crap, yu go in to all these tile stores like topps and they say rubi is the best but look at the person who is telling you that a spotty little 16yr kid who has just left school and is telling you what he has been told in his training. You need to listen to the people who are out in the field and are putting these products in use every day.

I have got a montolit tile cutter evo2 wow is all I can say it flys through all tiles.:cool:

I'm confused here now, the montolit tile cutters are considerably cheaper, which one do you recommend? Would love move input from more pro's before I part with my £'s.

Thanks

i have a rubi ts50+ and a tx 7oo n both brilliant cutters but its what you feel comfortable with.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't swap my Rubi TS 50+ and 60+.Most,in fact all of the pro tilers that I know own Rubi's,and also the hire shops use Rubi's as well. Maybe a spotty little 16 year old kid working in Topp's that has just left school,saying "Rubi is best" is one thing,but MOUNTFORD,...maybe an equally spotty OVER 16 year old, telling everybody that Rubi is rubbish is another.As WAP said,"It's what you feel comfortable with". Rubbish,the same as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I cannot fault my Rubi tile cutters,and probably thousands of others would agree. They might not be everybodys choice,but if MOUNTFORD doesn't like them,that's up to him.Owning a certain make/type of tilecutter,doesn't make anybody a better tiler.You can own the most expensive/top brand tools in the world,but it's the quality of your work that counts at the end of the day.

Roughcaster.

Roughcaster, thanks for the advice. I agree everyone Rubi is the name I've been hearing, and I've never even stepped into topps!! I intend on buying a Rubi, I see you own TS 50+ and 60+, whats the difference between the 2 and what would be best to buy first?

Thanks

Hi Divvy,
The TS 50 Plus will cut tiles up to a maximum length of 570mm.
TS 60 Plus will cut up to 660mm.They will also cut small tiles,4",6" any size really.They cut up to a maximum thickness of 15mm,and have a breaker load of 750kg.Which one you buy first is up to you.Each cutter also comes with a three year warranty.Shop around on the internet.I got mine from UK Tooltrader.Have a look at what they have on their site.Excellent service and I told them so.Can't fault the tilecutters,and I clean each one after every job,including the case it comes in.They'll last for years.

Roughcaster.

Chalk up another vote for Rubi. Just be aware that Rubi cutters are quite long, something to bare in mind if you'll be tiling plenty of kitchen splashbacks (fiting cutter on worktop I mean).
Haven't used a montolit, but have read many good reports.

Rubi are the daddy when it comes to tile cutters. I have found in the past that if you buy a cheaper tile cutter then your likely to by again in the not too distant future.

Rubi cutters are the bees knees. I have TS50 plus, tx 700 and a dw250 wet saw and they are all great tools that i wouldnt be without.

sorry to use this post but it seems fitting, which is the best rubi cutter for your general use?

all comments appreciated, except negative ones mountford

Would agree with Softus,TS50+.Will cut anything from 570mm in length down to very small tiles.It will cut tiles diagonally etc.This is the one that I use the most.It is a very versaTILE cutter.Pardon the pun.

Roughcaster.

thanks guys very helpful indeed, the one im using at the min is forever needing wheels changes and to be honest some of the cuts are not that good. :oops:

When you get your Rubi it will come with a pair of cutters.

Buy an additional pair so that you always have a new wheel when you really need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back