Running out of hot and cold water when running Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bath half fills before the hot water runs out, which I guess is fine in the sense the water tank not filling up fast enough etc. But the problem gets bigger as the cold water runs out as well, not only in the bath but through out the house. It eventually comes back but takes overnight.

I have looked at the overhead tank and it seems that the water stops even before the tank is half empty. I had a plumber come over to have a look, he spent around 30 min but couldn’t figure out the problem. Can any one advise please.

Sponsored Links
Yes the cistern is half full and the cold water stops. The cold water in Kitchen Ensuite etc are connected to main therefore cannot understand why the stop as well.

I did call a plumber but he couldnt figure out what was the issue.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying as the cold feed stopped, there is still half tankful left over?

Can you see the tank connector at bottom? How far from top of water level to bottom of tank connector serving cold feed?

Check ballvalve is working ok and not filling slow.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back