Running the NHS - into the ground !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fancy the idea of paying the possible half pay pension for a probable 20 yrs following retirement, that is £60k pa index linked (no NI payments don't forget - so equiv to about £66k), oh and £180k tax free lump sum on retirement.
Hospitals being closed, job losses, Nurses being downgraded to pay for this monumental f/u - on our behalf ! Something to do with an agenda for change -

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/health_medical/article2145148.ece

...The average GP now earns £118,000 a year. This is a staggering rise of 63% in three years. And it gets better: instead of having to care for patients all day, every day, they are now just responsible during office hours (weekdays only). Is it any wonder the NHS is unwell?...

Have talked this up before .. But then who gives a toss? Perhaps most people have enjoyed a 60% pay increase with a cut in responsibilities?
:confused:

Sponsored Links
What's needed is deregulation. The day that cartels like the BMA can dominate is coming to a close.

Doctors from all nations should be able to tender for the running of a medical practice. Italian GPs earn £25,000 per year. I'm sure that a few would be happy to come here and earn £45K saving the NHS a whopping 70K per year per doctor.

The GP is the one that sets the yardstick for NHS pay. Why should a hospital doctor working all hours and shifts, doing far more stressful work earn less than a 9 to 5 GP?

It's time to break the monopoly and allow free market forces to operate (no pun).

One other thing that bemuses me is that GPs work for just one employer (NHS) yet are given self-employed status. This means that they can push a vast amount of their pay into tax-free overseas schemes and retire multi-millionaires. Why is that allowed?

Sponsored Links
I dont have anything to contribute to this subject....as it is totally different here, but thanks for the link.....it may come in handy later :)

I'm not disputing the figures just the spin applied by the press to sell copy ... There is always far more to these issues than the papers are willing to disclose (because the truth isn't interesting).

Back