Rushing noise when heating turned on.

M18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

On one of my radiators when the heating is turned on it makes a noise which sounds like water rushing into the rad.

This radiator has a manual lockshield valve on it.

I tried to solve it by closing the other lockshield slightly as I thought this would restrict the amount of water moving around but this hasn’t sorted it.

My pump is set to the lowest setting as this is enough to heat my house, when I turn this up the noise gets louder.

The noise is loud enough to wake you up in the morning and the only solution so far is either wait it out or knock the heating off.

I should add - the valve itself has been changed as the last one did the same, the bloke who did it basically said if that doesn’t sort it he doesn’t know what will!

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you open them both up fully and gradually close the one that takes longest to get hot until you get a happy medium? That’s what I did to my bedroom rad.

Can you open them both up fully and gradually close the one that takes longest to get hot until you get a happy medium? That’s what I did to my bedroom rad.
I will try this, I’ve just got in and the radiator is silent at the minute (it was whistling a bit earlier after I fiddled it with it) so I’m going to leave it until it makes a racket again.

Just an update on this, I did this just now and twisting the opposite lockshield didn’t seem to alter it much if any.

I’m not sure what to do now!

Sponsored Links
You may just have too much flow to that rad. Perhaps balancing the whole system will help. Plenty of 'how to's' on the 'net.

Sorry Mottie, that was me adjusting you bedroom radiator, I thought it was too hot.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back