russel brand end the drugs war

Sponsored Links
So who's values would you ask them to follow?

Russell Brand is a UK citizen and has certain values

Nigel Farage is a UK citizen and has certain values

which set of values would you like the incomers to follow?

This is such a tired argument, just because our culture and values are hard to define does not mean they are intangible. It's equally hard to define russain, french or german culture, yet you would never walk around any of those countries and not recognise them.

The UK is a Christian country so they should follow Christian values and respect them.

Shove your christian values.

i will take it from the lack off comment that no one watched it or brand has done a reasonable job :D

i though he came across well not pretentious or off the wall just quirky and fairly normal :D

I didn't see the programme so I can't comment on that.

First off I will say I am anti-drugs they wreck lives. However I am for decriminalising drugs and indeed synthesising and growing properly controlled drugs.

Pros

It takes the dealers, producers traffickers out of the picture.
Drug related crime would be dramitically reduced.
users would be administered a known purity and quantity of the substance
users would be actively engaged in rehabilition.
it would save money. Fighting an unwinnable war costs.

Cons

Would it increase drug usage as it would be seen as acceptable?
Provision would have to be made for spontaneous drug use. Clubs, mates houses etc.
The obvious one of course of the state being sued.

It's always going to be and always has been a thorny issue, but at the moment we are not winning the war.

I am, as I say, anti drugs and that means putting in the best measures to combat, educate, prevent and rehabilite. Don't think ever increasing draconian measures is the answer.

Sponsored Links
No not at the moment, never. We have never been winning the war, and are never going to win the war. It would require a totolatiran survellance state like north korea to stop drugs, and that would kill far more people in a year than drug abuse for the next 100 years will.

This is such a tired argument, just because our culture and values are hard to define does not mean they are intangible. It's equally hard to define russain, french or german culture, yet you would never walk around any of those countries and not recognise them.

I couldn't agree more - but then I'm not suggesting that anybody follows an intangible set of values

Sponsored Links
Back