rust marks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem (rust) i thought it might be the barings i have had it repared although i still have the same problem, however i have not checked the filter etc. there is a solution you can buy from any domestic appliance store that apparently helps to clear the system although i could not tell you what it is called and i am affraid to say it has not helped me. Is there anything else you have tried becasue i am now running out of clothes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

P.S My machine is about 18 months old too and i think it may be a common problem with some machines - how true this is i am not sure.

MOD

please see 10 a

Sponsored Links
Try getting some washing soda crystals and run the highest temperature wash with these in. If the bearings did cause the rust deposits there may still be some residue on the internal surfaces of the drum etc.

Agreed, much more sensible as a first action rather than checking the filters !

Sponsored Links
I can imagine a choked drain filter leaving soap residue on clothes due to inadequate rinsing but fail to see how you might get rusty marks. As for the water inlet filters, when they are choked it usually just makes the programme take longer to complete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back