Rusted Tap Removal

Sponsored Links
By the way did you open the tap prior trying to remove the mechanism.......................................... when refitting a new mechanism, ensure it is set to the open position before you fit it.

I didn't but I will!

Sponsored Links
Funny, it may be, but it doesn't answer the question of whether a push-fit connector can be used to fit a new tap? Can it?
Hepworth makes bent and straight 22mm and 15mm tap connectors suitable for screwing directly onto bath and basin tap tails. They have a socket that's suitable for either plastic or copper pipe.

John Guest does similar fittings.

Push-fit connectors can be used anywhere you like, as long as you follow the installation guidance/instructions. Broadly, this means taking immense care of any plastic pipe and reasonable care of any copper pipe that you expect an O ring to seal onto. This is where most people go wrong, the other main pitfall being failure to spot a faulty component (e.g. grab wedge) before a leak finds it for you.

Hopefully that has opened your eyes a little more, but I confess to not fully understanding your question.

There is no reason why you cant use a push fit connector, if your pipe work is metric, some older houses still have imperial pipe which will cause a problem because as far as I know, all the push fit connectors available are metric. If you do decide to go the way of a push fit, ensure the pipe work is nice and square to the fitting and lock the joints if the fittings have manual locking. You can get push fit flexible pipes which are useful.

Hey Sofus, you can come up with some useful comments, I step back in amazement, I take my hat off to you....

Hey numpty you're back, which one are you....?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
star-wars-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for your help guys but I got the two parts of the tap separated so dont need new taps after all. After trying everything to separate them last night, woke up this morning, took two of the 800mm tubular legs off the trampoline, stuck one on the tap, the other on the spanner to give extra leverage, and hey presto they were undone. The new brass inner parts and the tops are now in place and I can move on to my next task, renewing the silicone in the shower cabinet (see separate posting).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back