rusty loo connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed some rust below the connection between my loo and the outflow pipe so looked underneath and found a rust patch. I haven't scraped it to check depth in case I getr a flood! But there's no sign of a leak or dampness.

Question is, do I need someone in to replace it or can I use (something?) to fill the holes and prevent/cure rust at the same time?

Actually looking again, it might just be the surface paint...

Couple of pictures...

)

Sponsored Links
OK - seems you have to click my user name to see the pix, and then 'images at the top - don't know how to get them in the post. Sorry.

OK - seems you have to click my user name to see the pix - don't know how to get them in the post. Sorry.

click the tab at the bottom when you post that says "show my images" then click on the one you want :idea:

looks like you have a slight weep on the cast iron :cry:

Thanks.

click the tab at the bottom when you post that says "show my images" then click on the one you want
I tried that but got a message saying no albans exist!

Do I need to worry about the 'weep' and what should be done...?

Sponsored Links
It's probably condensation. A cast iron soil pipe is likely to be the coldest fixture in your bathroom. Next time your missus has finished in the bathroom (presumably having spent half an hour in the shower) check underneath the soil pipe. You'll probably find a noticeable dew drop on the underside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back