Rusty radiator - repaint or replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a radiator in my bathroom that's seen better days - the paint is peeling in places and I can see rust underneath. I've attached a picture so you can see.

I know that at the very least it needs a new coat of paint. But I'm not sure if it's too rusty to get away with that. I'd rather paint it and avoid the expense of getting someone to fit a new one if I can, but not if that leads to it springing a leak in the future due to the rust.

What would you recommend - paint it or replace it? And if painting is the best option, what paint is best? I've heard good things about Hammerite, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230418_162104909.jpg
    PXL_20230418_162104909.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have a radiator in my bathroom that's seen better days
You're not kidding ... sorry but that's too far gone, even if it doesn't pinhole you will never get anywhere near a decent finish given the stage it's at now.

Time for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back