rusty radiator help

Sponsored Links
What type of ch system have you got? Vented, combi, etc? Are other rads rusty like this?

Often, badly rusted rads are caused by pumping over. If, when your system is on, you have a small loft tank with vent pipe over that is running, this could oxygenate your system's water. This causes rads to rust out quickly. If this is the case, it needs sorting ASAP.

And, as above, the only sensible thing to do with the rotten rad is leave it out for the p!keys.

What type of ch system have you got? Vented, combi, etc? Are other rads rusty like this?

Often, badly rusted rads are caused by pumping over. If, when your system is on, you have a small loft tank with vent pipe over that is running, this could oxygenate your system's water. This causes rads to rust out quickly. If this is the case, it needs sorting ASAP.

And, as above, the only sensible thing to do with the rotten rad is leave it out for the p!keys.

combi mate, only got myself to blame, i think it's from when i bled it, saw a bit of rust ignored it then next thing it's like this, when i say temporary fix i mean for two weeks

Sponsored Links
If you can manage without it the best thing is turn off both valves to isolate it. Make a note of how many turns it takes to shut off the valves and open them the same amount when you replace it to preserve the system balance.

As a temporary fix turn off both radiator valves( one each end)
Then it won't leak anymore, when you have the time replace the radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back