ryobi 1526al tablesaw blade recomendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks. i've recently got this http://www.screwfix.com/prods/39072...working/Ryobi-ETS-1526AL-240V-254mm-Table-Saw table saw and i'm not happy at all with the blade supplied. it's a 253 40T TCT Ryobi original with 30mm bore and it's a fight to rip any wood, hard or soft with it and and burns the wood badly no matter what speed you feed the wood through at.

i've been looking at screwfix and i see they do some cheaper titan and erbauer ones . Are they any good ?. and how many teeth should i go for ?. i can't justify spending more on dewalt, makita etc unless the blades gonna be amazingly better ?. just gonna be using the saw for ripping wood

Sponsored Links
if its brand new [machine and blade] did you fit the blade !!
a sharp blade with few teeth will never burn unless its on back to front [teeth pointing backwards]
reasonable blades fair quality at good prices try fitters world
http://www.fittersworld.co.uk/

hi big-all. yes the blade is fitted the correct way. it came fitted already. it's better cutting pine but is terrible with oak.

Sponsored Links
you need to feed oak in about half the speed of pine

i wonder iff the fence is parralel and the riving knife is properly lined up

unplug the machine

fully raise the blade and take a bit off wood

set the fence so the wood passes between the front off the blade and the fence and the teeth just scrape thew wood when hand turned
try the same at the back the space should be identical

check visualy or with a strait edge that the blade and riving knife line up properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back