Ryobi vs Bosch vs Dewalt - sds plus drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for something in the up to £100 price bracket. main options seem to be:

Ryobi ERH710RS 710W 3 Mode SDS+ Rotary Hammer Drill - £80 local store
Bosch GBH2000 620w -£100 screwfix
Dewalt D25013N-GB 650w - £90 screwfix

There are some heavier/cheaper models in screwfix by energer and titan - I assume they are not worth considering?

Any opinions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Personally i like the Dewalt. Some of the Erbauer stuff is really good these days too.

I've got the Bosch and the Dewalt. The Dewalt has much smoother power control.

Looking for something in the up to £100 price bracket. main options seem to be
Of the three the Bosch blue has a better reputation than the other two. I seen too many DWs which have had gearbox issues to ever buy or recommend them. I've used blue Bosch, Atlas-Copco (was Kango, now Milwaukee) and Metabo 2kg and 3kg SDS drills for 30 off years now and yet to have a drill fail in under 10 years hard trade use. Maybe worth noting that Bosch were the first manufacturer to make SDS drills in the late 1970s

There are some heavier/cheaper models in screwfix by energer and titan - I assume they are not worth considering?
Complete and utter rubbish! To be useable for most people an SDS ideally needs to be 2 to 3kg - more than 3 kg and they become progessively more difficult to use as well as exhausting (think about drilling a serioes of holes at eye level and you'll get the idea)

bosch blue,end of comparrisson. ;)
and if your funds allow get the version with the rotary stop aswel,this is a godsend and allows you to do light chasing.

+1 on the suggestion of the 3-function over a 2-function SDS

The Bosch hits harder, the Dewalt hits more often. I nearly always pick up the Dewalt in preference. Very efficient at removing tiles etc.

my 1st bosch lasted over 15 years,the 1 im using now is about 6 years old,and gets used and abused weekly.

I bought my Bosch second hand over 25 years ago. I didn't say they didn't last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back