S-Plan on a Glow-worm BBU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on moving the cylinder and cold water cistern in my house to allow another project to go ahead... Doing this would also be an ideal time to convert my system from a Y-plan to an S-plan.

How can I determine, for certain, whether my boiler has a pump overrun? I don't have the instructions for the boiler, but there is no control to adjust overrun. The programmer is a Honeywell ST699B, I have the instructions for this but it too mentions nothing about pump overrun.

If I do need a bypass circuit, is it best to just use pipe, or install a radiator? Is there a valve that would let the boiler just dump the waste heat into the hot cylinder, or would that require a twin-coil cylinder?

I'm weighing this up against having a combi put in with S-plan - I need to do some flow and pressure measurements to check if a combi is even an option, but I suspect it is too low and I need to stick with tanks. The BBU would eventually be replaced with a system boiler in the kitchen, we would like to wait until we've saved up.

Sponsored Links
Pretty certain no glowworm BBU had pump overruns so you dont have to take that into consideration.

But a bypass was not only for boilers with overruns . Bypass is also there if the microswitches in motorised valve stick and keep the boiler and pump on and for when trvs start to shut down .
Auto bypass just after the pump and before the valves into the return is sufficient for a BBU no need to have a rad etc as it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back