S plan plus wiring for 2 zone programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi on a Horstmann 3 channel programmer where does the Zone 1 CH and the Zone 2 CH on connect to on the junction box.

Does Zone 1 CH on go to No 4 which is for the RF roomstat receiver and Zone 2 CH on go to No 7 ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't do "wiring by numbers"

Zone 1 & 2 open the respective zone valves via the respective stats/ demand.

What are you trying to achieve?

I am trying to wire an S Plan plus into a Honeywell 10 way junction box and using a Horstmann Channel plus 3 channel programmer(already in the customers house) Changing it from a Y plan.
From the programmer CH on Zone 1 to the A of the receiver of the RF stat and the B to brown of Zone 1 valve

CH Zone 2 to the brown of the valve and the B of the programmable stat, which A of that goes to L

HW to the 1 of the cylinder stat.

Basically where does the second connect to on the junction box ?

thanks

The stats are in series with the on contacts and m/v brown wires.
Basically it's a standard S plan with an extra prog channel stat and zone valve.

Sponsored Links
I would sack the wiring centre and get yourself a wall mounted double box with a blank fascia. Then get a strip of 16 amp block connectors you'll find it a hell off a lot easier to get all your wires into the terminals. And as stated each valve as a perm live ( grey ) the ch on from the clock will be wired to the 2 com for each rstat. Then the SL goes to the brown on each valve. The hw on to the com on the cylinder stat, call goes to the brown on the hw zone valve.

Nath

I am trying to wire an S Plan plus into a Honeywell 10 way junction box and using a Channel plus 3 channel programmer.

From the programmer CH on Zone 1 to the A of the receiver of the RF stat and the B to brown of Zone 1 valve

CH Zone 2 to the brown of the valve and the B of the programmable stat
So you have a three channel programmer, one channel connected to a wireless stat, and the other to a programmable stat??

If that's correct, the third channel is redundant as it will need to be set to permanently ON so it doesn't compete with the prog stat.

This is the standard wiring for an S Plan plus.

(click to enlarge, then right click to save)
View media item 12265

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back