Sabre Combi Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sabre combi boiler which has developed a flow rate problem, namely hot water.
The flow rate used to be excellent, but has now been reduced to a dribble. I have now noticed that I can not get any hot water unless the heating is on..
What has caused the flow rate problem? I recently had it serviced, but I wasn't home at the time and my wife forgot to mention the flow rate problem.. HELP!

Sponsored Links
Have you plenty of water at the cold tap, if so could be a blocked filter or flow restrictor (cant remember which yours has, if either), if not its a supply problem.
Surprised a service engineer didnt pick up a flow problem.

The cold water has plenty of flow.. How do I sort the filter/flow restrictor?

Thanks

Saber indeed has a flow restrictor fitted

Sponsored Links
take it out and clean or replace.(isolate the water main first)

ok, I removed the pipe from the hot water flow switch to the water flow switch (the pipe ran from here directly to the exchanger, I couldn't see any kind of restrictor??) and there was no blockage. I also took the hot outlet pipe off at the heat exchanger to see if there was some kind of blockage there, again nothing.

I take it the hot water flow switch detects flow rate and therefore ignites the burner?

I am still living with a trickle of hot water (it takes 45mins to fill half a bath) where do I go now?

Follow the pipe with the flow switch on up to the heat exchanger. Undo the nut where the pipe meets the heat ex and bingo, you will find a blue flow restrictor thats prone for melting. Remove it and then set up the flow manually by using the isolation tap under boiler

Its a really comon prob on Vokera/Sabre compacts. paticually the 28

Its fixed! I took out the blue flow restrictor and adjusted the flow manually. It actually seemed in ok condition but left it out anyway.

Thanks to all!

Iain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back