Sabre Combi Boiler

Do you fit these on the whole..is it because they are relatively cheap to buy & also how do your customers react when you mention the name? The reason I ask is that if I mention a boiler as a possible alternative to the main contenders I get shifty looks as though I am trying to rip them off!..

Sponsored Links
Vokera have categorically stated that they do not make the Sabre, but under the cover it is identical to a Vokera Compact HE.

There is always the possibility that infact Vokera don't make the Compact either.

Anyhow the Proper Vokera Compact has a 2 year warranty instead of 1 year and installers can by joining the Vokera club get 5 years warranty.

PTS do a special price on the Vokera Compact range 25kw 29kw 35kw.

I fit both the vokera the sabre and the potterton performa for low budget customers, price adjusted accordingly, and they make the decision.

For my more well off customers or those who want to alocate more to boiler choice I fit Buderus.

I don't experience any problems with the Potty the Sabre or the Vokera band B boilers, and can't imagine the payback period for theprice hike to band A (which is just about sedbuk 2% better than band B) makes band A worth the extra cost. The only benefit of a Band A boiler is the better construction of the better ones like Buderus.

PS, your mum may not have been duped, in terms of pedigree that boiler isn't far removed from the very reliable vokera stable of band D boilers which I would be well happy with in my home or a flat of mine. Should prove to be very reliable and easily fixable.

Paul Barker said:
Vokera have categorically stated that they do not make the Sabre, but under the cover it is identical to a Vokera Compact HE.

It all depends who you are talking to when you phone Vokera !

Potty/Baxi told all their staff that they they must not call their boilers "Poxi" or they would be sacked!

But we all know their boilers are Poxi !

Tony

Yes it could be that Sabre is a means of Vokera dumping cheap boilers without having their name associated with cheapness. But it could also be that they have the Compact outsourced and the people who make it for them also kncok out Sabre's. Who knows?

Sponsored Links
Paul, who provides the warranty service??? See the tel number and compare it with Vokera numbers.

Just in case they use different numbers you can use a little trick! Call the Sabre number and say you have a problem with a Vokera boiler. The the other way round.

That should help to identify the real "owner" of sabre boilers!

Tony

Thanks for your comments.

In terms of labour time, there were two guys who started work at around 8am and they went home at 7 pm, so they did a good day. I can't say if they removed all they said they would, but my mother said they did seem to be bringing a lot of stuff out of the attic. When she turns her tap on now it runs through the boiler to heat up and so she has permanent hot water (before, the boiler had to be on to heat the water in the tank). Her shower is electric - not sure where the water comes from for that.

I haven't got the plumbers calling card on me, but don't really want to kick anything off as I don't want to upset my mother. Ignorance may be bliss. I think the only thing I can do now is wait and see if it runs OK. Rest assured if there are any problems I will be straight on his case.

My initial concern was that they hadn't installed what they said they would, and by the time my mother noticed it was too late.

She had a couple of other quotes, one from British Gas who wanted to charge her nearly £3,000, which seemed a lot to me.

Gorby said:
My initial concern was that they hadn't installed what they said they would, and by the time my mother noticed it was too late.

As I have said...it was cheap for the the amount of work carried out & I would have charged more...it would seem that your Mother has been promised one thing & given another..I would take it up with the installer right away...I wouldn`t wait...

i had cause to ring the helpline with the second Sabre i fitted , & yes it was to Vokera ( who where very helpfull )

I would take a worcester over any other, as for buderus check out the address on there information pack ring any bells

Saw a Buderus 500 in the merchants today (£740 including flue and VAT).

Some of the parts were really cheap and nasty. The plastic mouldings for the condensate trap, syphon and silencer looked worse than a cheap Chinese toy.

The O ring connection onto the expansion vessel was inaccessible without removal of the boiler from the wall. Any disturbence of this joint (eg from vessel inflating) could cause a real headache.

Plenty of other design faults - aav can leak onto thermister wiring etc. - the boiler is clearly designed for the UK market!

I think these top end manufacturers are lowering the quality for UK sales whilst charging a premium as there is an assumption they are significantly better designed.

i would`t worry about that Vokera Sabre, i`ve fitted about 20 of these things in the last 12 months (29 H.E. ) & provided its been done correctly & flushed out & inhibitor installed, there wont be a prob. I've had no comebacks on any of mine so far anyway
Hi, can you tell me if these are as quiet as a Baxi 105he as I need to fit one in a bedroom cupboard and don't want to have disturbed sleep?

Need to fit one in a bedroom cupboard in a small one bed house for rental. Does anyone know if they are a noisy boiler or not?

Need to fit one in a bedroom cupboard in a small one bed house for rental. Does anyone know if they are a noisy boiler or not?

i will be fitting one next week for the first time so if you can wait until then i will tell you .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back