Sabre 29 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I got a sabre combi, its around 4 yrs old< just recently the hot water has only worked intermittently although the c/heating appears fine. The boiler is however shutting down quite reguarly.

Any ideas on what the fault may be ?

Thanks Barry

Sponsored Links
Hi Kevplumb

It appears that central heating is working more than hot water.

Central heating is on and when a hot tap is turned on this may cause the boiler to shut down (green light turns red) But not always, sometimes the green light stays on but there is just no hot water.

I had central heating on timer this morning< it came on correctly and warmed the house, then shut down(red light) of it own accord.

I can sometimes get a sink of water to wash up.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If anyone out there can shed some light on this problem please do.

I have noticed that if I change the setting to hot water only the boiler cuts out within minutes.

I do realise that I need to call a boiler engineer to look at this problem but I would prefer to have some idea of what I am talking about and looking at costwise before I make that call.

Another question, is this make of boiler inferior ? or new ? as I cannot find much information about it and also I've had a lack of response here and reading other posts thats not normal...?

Thanks Barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back