Vokera (Sabre) HE29 DHW heat exchanger leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any body replaced a heat exchanger on a Sabre HE29.
I have one that is dripping from the heat exchanger occasionally. It may only be an O ring, but it looks like a right pain to get out. It is well hidden behind Pump,gas valve etc.
Anyone done this? Or do I bin it and fit a Vailant. It's 4 years old and works fine apart from this, which has damaged the ceiling below.

Sponsored Links
I seem to have replaces more than expected HEs on the Voks.

But you need to be gas safe registered to replace a heat exchanger!

Are you?

Tony

Well, I've fixed and fitted more boilers than I care to remember, some the size of a small house. My colleague has fitted hundreds and hundreds, so I'll let you work it out. Thanks for the reply.

You have replaced HE's for what we would assume an early retirement.

This boiler is in one of my rented properties, not a customer. I have replaced the spark electrode, and the NTC thermistor already this year

I'm not a part fitter. I am a 'real' engineer. I do hate to read posts where the advice is 'change this, change that' That is sad.

This is a simple request for anyone with a heads up on a Vok 29HE dribbling heat exchanger. Is it worth me going any further, or is this boiler crap?

Sponsored Links
Your talking about the plate hex right?
If the boiler is working fine why not call a engineer to correct the fault
Will be a lot cheaper then a new boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back