Sabre 29he combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

got sabre (vokera) 29He combi boiler and have got issue with pressure although its running with no real issues

a few weeks ago I noticed that it was dripping from the overflow as I work away a lot just got round to taking a closer look and tbh suspect the DHW heat exchanger and would like clarification please

expansion vessel has air in although not sure amount and is not spurting water out of the valve

noticed tonight with no heating or water called for the pressure started to raise after I drained it to 1bar it went to 1.4 bar within 5mins....which leads me to believe it is the dwh exchanger ?

I have ordered a new PRV but not going to fit until the fault is resolved

im a spark by trade and got nvq in plumbing for fitting showers etc so have basic idea......fitted boiler nearly 5years ago (naughty I know ) and has not given any issues tbh other than having to clean the pressure switch, pipes etc

any help/thoughts would be appreciated and if anyone has knowledge of this boiler advise on best way to go about it

cheers kez

Sponsored Links
System needs to be drained (not completely, just to 0bar and drain valve left open) to check expansion pressure. You cannot check it with water in the system.

Won't say anything else than that but you won't get a nice reception after admitting you fitted your boiler illegally.

Won't say anything else than that but you won't get a nice reception after admitting you fitted your boiler illegally.

yes I ran the pipe but it was connected at the meter and checked at the boiler by the gas company who work along side us and fully tested commissioned by them at the same time of fitting new fire...unfortunately he is working in nottingham till end of month

so to your answer you think it could be the pv and should drop the pressure to 0 even though pressure is rising with everything off ?

oh and thanks for your reply

Turn off mains water into boiler an dit should stop rising.

As you suggest it may well be a leaking plate HE.

Bad enough fitting the boiler illegally! But never getting it serviced is even worse!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

it is serviced every year and is actually due next month unfortunately this has developed over the past few weeks

the house was purchased 5yrs ago by myself and underwent a full renovation, heating wise a new boiler was installed along with new rads and pipe work 90% of it plastic apart from the copper from the boiler which is in the loft to the first floor at the time of installation fernox was used and is replenished every year as the system is flushed.....this is done by a gas safe company with 35 or more years experience, myself have about the same amount of time as an electrician and to own my own company hence we both work along side each other on many projects
yes I ran all my own pipework but it was him that connected everything up including the the new fire and cooker supplies, just like he will install a new power supply to a boiler and I will connect it up .............hope this clarifies things a little and yes agree how I seemed to come across which I apologise for

I have just spoken to him and he has just suggested what you have said unfortunately he was unable to answer my call earlier when I rang

although he has admitted he has never replaced one on this boiler before but rekons some can be a pig of a job....so if anyone has any advice here please

thanks for your reply

That's not so bad then.

Its usually not a big job for an engineer unless something is jammed or broken by a previous engineer.

Tony

boiler not been touched repair wise like that as tbh its ran very well for the past 5yrs especially given some of the slating I see they get lol

would your thoughts be for me to leave it till end of month for when he gets back or something you think I will be able to do ?

will check with mains off tomorrow

thanks Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back