Sabre 29HE boiler with no timer or programmable control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Sabre 29HE boiler for over 3 years in a 4 bed house, for some time I've had to get used to the fact that the unit has no timer or programmable control on the front panel. Not a very efficient system as to get either hot water or central heating the whole system has to be switched on manually and turned off when not needed.

There's a blank circular panel where a time clock could be fitted, but this may only solve one problem...

A pain in summer as when all the radiators are switched off we still have to remember to switch the boiler on each day for hot water. A pain in winter as the hot water gets overheated while we need to heat the radiators.

The house has rooms on 3 floors, the loft bedroom has two radiators which have never worked. They have been bled but without any affect. A room thermostat is in one of the other bedrooms but seems to be disconnected as it has never worked.

We plan to sell the house next year but don't want to spend on a new boiler as we won't be around long enough to see the benefits ourselves.

Possible options we are considering are:

Get a timer and thermostat control installed into the boiler front panel
Install room thermostats or programmable room thermostats
Install thermostatic radiator valves
Fix/Replace radiators in loft bedroom

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
That boiler is not that old as its condensing and if working most would say its fine to keep it.

You seems to have put up with a budget boiler installed without the proper controls.

So just before you move is rather late, but better late than never.

A programmable thermostat is probably the best option for the CH and a simple thermostat for the hot water.

Proper controls could probably be seen as a sales feature!

Tony

Thanks, I'm posting up a job on mybuilder so will see what advice and quotes I get back.

I see you are looking for a budget job on your budget boiler!

Sponsored Links
the sabre 29HE is a combi boiler so you should get instantaneous hot water are you saying that you have a hot water cylinder installed as well ?

cheers Tony

have never seen one and didnt even know such a beast existed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back