Sadolin quick dry wood preserver not drying

Sponsored Links
UPDATE
So the preserver is 7 days in now, and still not dry but is showing signs of drying, i have returned the tin with some of the contents back to place of purchase (brewers).
I also gave them 3 sample timbers of different species with the preserver on including a piece from the timber that had been coated for 7days, i took my moisture meter to show that it was below the level required, they have had the timber overnight and still same results.
I have now spoken to the rep, and the tech department and have come up with a solution to save the timber. It looks like they will hopefully compensate me for the lost time as well (fingers crossed), as it has cost me dearly with being unable to fit fascia for the roofer. I would not recommend the product after this.

Sponsored Links
Hi Nikolas,
I too am experiencing drying issues with the Sadolin Quick Drying Wood Preserver. How did you eventually resolve your problems? My condidtions are the same as yours clean new timber (cladding) dry warm workshop but after 24hrs it still feels damp and slightly sticky. I might be panicing but my experience seems to be going down the same road as yours. I wasn't sure if that was how it was supposed to feel dry so I tried putting Sadolin Classic woodstain on but it just isn't going on well at all. It goes on bare wood much better. Very disappointed that such an expensive product doesn't appear to do what it says on the tin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back