safe shutdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
my mother has a big old oil-fired boiler [potterton Ithink] with a home-made control board.It works very well,but what would be the best way to do a shut off if it was not needed for any length of time --from a day onwards,say?

I can turn the panel off [stopping burner, and timeswitches for water and CH] and switching off the electrics for pump and ,I think,boiler ignition--but I'm not sure about that.All I know is there are separate things from the panel to switch off and I don't know if leaving them on would have any effect if the boiler was switched on by timeswitch and the burner was switched off.

Would it it be safe to simply turn the burner off and leave the timeswitches ticking away regardless,or must the panel be shutdown,switching all off--which means the timeswitches have to be re-set?

thanks for any replies--will acknowledge when I can, am on public terminal for net access, MARSAL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back