Valiant Boiler And Smart Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plumber/Electrical Advice required - Don’t know where to start.

I have a valiant ecotec boiler and have recently got a HoneyWell Lyric T6r thermostat installed by an electrician.

The smart thermostat isn’t working yet and I believe it is down to the timer switch on the boiler.

It currently has an analogue valiant timeswitch 150.

If I upgraded to a valiant Digital TimeSWITCH 160 would this work?

I have been done a bit of digging and have been told though it might just need to be wired directly to boiler. Not to sure where to start or I i have been fobbed off.

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
I have a valiant ecotec boiler and have recently got a HoneyWell Lyric T6r thermostat installed by an electrician.

The smart thermostat isn’t working yet and I believe it is down to the timer switch on the boiler.

Why is it not working yet? Did electrician not test it? Why do you think it’s the time switch?

Sounds like you've been fobbed off I'm afraid. The trouble is, though, unless you're Gas Safe Registered you aren't allowed to remove the cover of these boilers to access the electric terminals. You really should have employed a heating guy to install it. Changing the timeswitch won't help, it needs removing, not replacing

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back