Safety thermostat lock-out (Biasi Riva Plus)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am facing a relatively new problem with my 6 years old Biasi Riva Plus HE 24C ERP boiler.
The main exchanger was changed 2 years ago (it was leaking).

When I run the hot water to fill the bathtub it goes in lock-out (safety thermostat lock-out error). It is enough to re-start the boiler and it works.

It doesn't show any other issue and if we have showers or use hot water and heating there is no issue. It only happens when filling the bathtub (I suppose as it is the only time we run hot water for so long).

The service manual suggests to test gas valve resistances, check the ignition electrodes and test the safety thermostat circuit. The user manual suggests to check the condensate drainage (does it required to detach it from the boiler?).

What is likely to be the cause? Could it be the modulation resistance of the gas valve?

Just to have an idea before calling assistance.

Sponsored Links
Sorry it is against site rules to give out gas advice, you need a gas safe registered engineer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back