Biasi Riva Plus HE 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I am sure not the last one :).

My boiler (Biasi Riva Plus HE 24C ERP) shows the "Faulty primary circuit (absence of flow)" led status.
I just got the property and the boiler was fitted by the vendor (a developer) about an year ago. Most likely only installed and tested, but never used. Unfortunately I was not given the name of the installer and hence I am not sure if I can get the 2 years warranty. Together with the manuals they left a Testing Certificate print with TEST OK as result.

Both the gas inlet and Dhc vales are open. The pressure in the Ch circuit is slightly above 1.

I've tried to reset the power but no change. I am actually surprised that the second I switch on the boiler the leds report the same error. I would have expected a certain time for the sensor to detected the lack of pressure.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The Benchmark Certificate at the back of the boiler manual should have been completed by the installer. If it has then Biasi will probably operate the warranty based on the manufacture date. Last four digits of the serial number.

The pump may be seized and could probably be spun. See the FAQ on this site for details.

Tony

I just called Biasi and they told me that since the product was not registered within 30 days and it was installed more than 12 months ago, the warranty expired after 1 year.

The benchmark certificate is not filled, but there is a sort of "receipt" from BIASI with the result of the test, I suppose they installer had a test machine to test and print it.

I did check the resistance on the main inlet pressure sensor and it is okay (no resistance with water pressure), I'll have a look now at the FAQ.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Not sure how to proceed here: my pump has a plastic boxing on the front (that apparently cannot be removed from the metal body). I've uploaded the picture of it.

It seems I have no access to the big chrome screw mentioned in the FAQ (https://www.diynot.com/wiki/Plumbing:faq19).

Before giving up and calling the service, any suggestion?

Attachments

• IMG_20170429_122348.jpg
    IMG_20170429_122348.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 361
I did check the resistance on the main inlet pressure sensor and it is okay (no resistance with water pressure), I'll have a look now at the FAQ.
a zero resistance ( ohms ) only tells you the pressure is over 0.35 bar , its the LED's ( three ) your more interested in , which ones are illumineted or flashing ?

a zero resistance ( ohms ) only tells you the pressure is over 0.35 bar , its the LED's ( three ) your more interested in , which ones are illumineted or flashing ?

The two on the left flash alternatively, the one on the right stay still. It is the error "Faulty Primary Circuit (absence of flow)".

Is there a procedure I could try to reset / restart the boiler before disassembling the pump?

My pump has no chrome screw so the test suggested in the FAQ doesn't seem possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back