No hot water. Biasi riva plus HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a biasi riva plus HE
M296.24SM/C
boiler has started to only give out warm water but not hot. Water pressure was on like 0.2 but I've put it up to 1.3 but it has not helped. Do not have rads in the house. The boiler kicks in the burner. When the water is running The 3rd light flashes an everynow an then the first light will blink with it. There is no external stat and have the internal one on off. Any help or am I missing something does anyone know? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 447
Sponsored Links
You have no rads at all? Are the flow and return pipes capped?

I will send a pic of the pipes under. The house is old and used to have the old storage heaters but have been replaced with electric ones so they do not take water. The boiler fires up and the stay goes up to like 80 but still only warmish water from all taps

This the underneath

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 431
Sponsored Links
Try turning the heating dial up on the boiler, if you get hot water I’d say it’s an issue with diversion of water.

Edited: feel the pipes joined underneath, if hot, then that’s your issue, diversion of water (diverter valve/3 way valve)

I felt the pipes underneath all cold accept one which is as warm as the water id say. However just tried with the kitchen tap on half or just under an the water seems to more consistently stay hot. Can make it hot like this, turn the tap fully and goes back to tepid. The boiler by what I can see has no settings set up. Have tried to play with them but no difference. By what I can see the heat is turned up fully and selected right. Will send a pic of how it sits

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 320
Try the heating dial on the front, you have the hot on the left (on full), heating on the right (on minimum), turn this one up see if it makes a difference. If not then it could be the heat exchanger.

Changing that dial did not seem to make a difference, still just warm unless on very low flow. all was fine until a Sunday but I will have a look into the exchanger as you have suggested, thankyou.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 371

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back