Sagging roof on new home - I feel like I am being fobbed off by builder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help!!

Our new home is 6 months old. On home preview we noticed a wave in the rear of the roof. We have other major problems to. We considered delaying completion but was promised all issues would be remedied. Great we thought!!

Now the builder has retracted this. Can anyone identify from the pics what is wrong with our roof? During the build I took various pictures which show different heights of wood along the roof line and uneven spacing. Are these trusses? Not sure what they are called. Ridge tiles are also uneven.

Feel large building company is fobbing us of. Any info/ideas greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3475.PNG
    IMG_3475.PNG
    562.7 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_3473.PNG
    IMG_3473.PNG
    558.1 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_3474.PNG
    IMG_3474.PNG
    702.7 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Doubt some of the new homes will be standing after 100 years if the build quality is anything to go by. Just want what I paid for. Nobody else's roof on the estate looks like this.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, if the other side has the opposite
effect then one of the trusses has been knocked out of line.

Catlad: when you say the other side, do you mean the front of the house?

The front of the house is perfect. As if they have lined everything up for the front view.

ajstoneservices: P155e5 me off every day! My dad was a roofer so I know he wouldn't have left a new roof like it. If he was alive he would have been disgusted with Redrow's workmanship. As I said this isn't the only problem. I shall do seperate posts on them tomorrow.

It also looks as though they've used different sized rafters, and this may have a bearing on the height/levelness of the ridge. The spacing on the rafters also looks uneven, and how have they levelled the roof line before tiling

I don't see a problem but if you want to ensure you don't have any problems it's wise to avoid a developer house in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back