Sagittarius Bath pop up waste.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps and chapesses....

I had a new bathroom refurb done about 4 years ago and we had a new bath fitted which I think is called a Mirage Bath (1700x750mm) in size and we had Pixi Bath shower mixer fitted and a Sagittarius Bath waste fitted.

Here is the waste we had installed:
http://www.chrome-tapshower.co.uk/sagittarius-bath-waste-wa443c

Well, my son, who is 2 has seemed to have loosened the bath waste at the top, the handle part, which releases and closes the pop up waste, as it now moves around quite freely and doesn't seemed to be fixed from behind the bath.

I don't think it is broken, merely needs tightening and I was wondering if anyone could suggest if they think this could be the case and if so, whether by me removing the side panel of the bath I would be able to fix this easily or indeed if it needs replacing?

Hope you guys can help me....

Dan

Sponsored Links
To me it seems the handle that you turn has come loose on its shaft. There should be hole in it which gives access to a screw the tightening of which should resecure the handle. If the screw isn't present it could have already fallen out, thence down plug hole, or been eaten by child. :D
If you are saying that the whole mechanism can rotate 360 degrees + then you have major problems, and an extremely strong 2 yr old, because the cable mechanism and over flow pipe should have prevented that degree of rotation. You will then have to gain access to rear of bath and underneath to change the complete assembly.

The screw is there but is as tight as anything, certainly not loose or lost.
The whole mechanism doesn't move 360 degrees, more like it moves up and down and around from within the hole in the bath - if that makes sense, not sure how to describe it...it all works perfectly well, but has just become loose and I wondered if it is fixed to the inside of the bat hor on the wall and maybe that bracket has come loose....

Undo the screw, remove handle, you may find a nut concealed by it which screws onto the hidden part of the mechanism, usually large and thin, or integral overflow grill, these can come loose over time. Sandwich of mechanism/skin of bath/nut. If this is the case put some silicon on the thread before retightening the nut this will help secure it and if you ever need to remove the mechanism isn't permanent. Don't let go of the hidden behind the bath part of the mechanism if you take the large nut off to put the silicon on as it can flop out of sight and touch and you will be removing the panel to put it back.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back