Salmander CT50 pump runs constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All;
I have a problem with my salamander shower pump. The installation pipework was done before we bought the house and meets the full manufacturers guidance in the installation guide. A salamander pump was fitted and ran fine for the first year we were in before it expired from old age. I replaced the pump with a direct replacement to the same spec - a CT50. This ran fine for a few months then started playing up. It turned itself on without the shower being on at all. Since then it refused to be controlled by the water flow and remained constantly on. I removed it from the system, checked the flow switches weren't stuck and flushed it through (this was the advice from Salamander) but it still wouldn't work. Took the pump back to the stockist and had a new one - exactly the same fault developed. Now have to turn on the shower before manually turning on the pump and then leaping out of the shower at the end to turn of the pump before switching the shower off. Its driving my wife insane! Any ideas or diagnostic checks I could run?

Sponsored Links
Hi

Where is the take off on the hot water tank?
If it is on the pipe work is it the first?

you sure you bled the air out?

Take off is on 45 degree up to the vent and is the first feed. I'm as sure as I can be that all air is out - system runs fine when shower is on - no unusual noise (salamanders are a bit noisy). Very occasionally it will turn off after the shower is turned off but it will spontaneously restart within 15 to 20 mins unless the power is switched off.

Sponsored Links
It can only really be the flow switch(es) not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back